Monday 16 April 2018

The Artist


I learned that our good friend David Galbraith was making some illustrations of sailing ships for a project on upmarket timepieces in which he's involved. Apparently he's been commissioned to provide illustrations of a wide range of subjects, from steam engines to saiing ships, racing cars and aeroplanes, in his unique, classical style, for decorating not only the clocks themelves, but also the cases they live in too. He's not only a talented perfectionist, but also an enthusiast for life itself, which comes across every time you meet him. 
He agreed to my taking up a couple of hours of his time by photographing him in his studio, and relaxing afterwards. I'm so glad I did, for I made pictures which I love too, and that's justification for anything.





Let me stress that what we see here is not Mister Galbraith's usual choice of headgear; he wears it only when he uses his magnifier, to avoid chafing; a sort of slipper-for-your-head, if you like.

Thanks for your patience David.



No comments:

Post a Comment