Sunday 29 November 2015

Too Long!! Too Long!! Since I blogged; where did the time go? Too much work.

These past weeks have been taken up making videos, something I've never done before (did you know that underwater work is just about the only area of photography I haven't experienced?); apart from video of course. I wanted to shoot Ron, my son David's swimming coach at the Salisbury pool. To complete the job, I wanted to do an interview with him; more of a 'musing' than an interview actually, I told Ron what I wanted to do; he responded in spades. When we set up by the side of the pool, Ron having given his troops a long swim to complete, the shot was good and Ron spoke movingly of his memories, especially those in the war. I was delighted. Until, that is, I played back to sound and discovered that Ron's words had been drowned out by the pool's background noise.
Just look at the picture:


So next week, I'm using a lapel mic, attached to the Nikon D800 and monitored by a pair of Bose headphones I'd bought years ago in LA.

Amazing, isn't it, that you can never predict the future? 

I'll keep you blogged.

Thanks for reading.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment